Backlinks for Beginner Bloggers
There are some of my readers wanted me to write about backlinks. They, I mean a lot of beginner bloggers who do not understand correctly about what is and what is the functions of backlinks for their blogs. So, this time I will post about backlinks.
Beginner bloggers usually only focus on the look and focus on the contents. I say it is a good step for them, but it would be great if they also began to think and build backlinks to their blogs.
What are backlinks, is already described by many bloggers, especially by a blogger who focused on SEO in his/her blog. But there are still a few of them that discuss the specific things about backlinks in one article in particular. And even if they usually write about backlinks, they usually write it with some quite complicated words. For the beginners, of course, it will be difficult to implement all of it in their blog.
What are backlinks
A backlink is a link or a text that contains a link that is on other blog or on your own blog that if someone clicks it, it will go to another page. That is called a backlink to the intended page. Anchor text is a short text that contains a link, which is usually the keyword of the destination page.
According to Wikipedia, describes the number of backlinks a site’s popularity and importance in the Internet world. The greater the number of backlinks a site, it is increasingly popular and important existence or content of those sites.
Commenting on blogs is the easiest thing at this time in building backlinks and certainly, it will be a quality backlinks if it comes from dofollow blogs and it has relevant content to the purpose of the backlinks.
The function of backlinks is very important to increase the popularity of your blog or site. Google PageRank base on the number of quality backlinks on your blog or site. It will result in good SERP if you can build more and more backlinks.
I have some facts about backlinks that must know for beginner bloggers, Here they are:
- Your blog will not be banned by Google if you build hundreds of backlinks by using a manual method such as bookmarking sites, article marketing or using web 2.0. If you use paid links that do not include the tag “nofollow” or participate in programs such as viral auto backlinks that produces thousands of backlinks in a short time, your site is likely to banned by Google.
- A backlink is more valuable if you use anchor text. Anchor text words, phrases or sentences that are relevant to target keywords that can be clicked to navigate to that link. Using varied anchor text is better than using a similar anchor text in backlinks building. You can use variations of words such as “Click here” in your article to make it look natural for Google.
- One backlink from a site with PageRank 5 and above is better than hundreds of backlinks from sites with PageRank 0 to 2.
- 20 backlinks from different domains are better than 20 backlinks from one domain even though on different pages.
- 20 backlinks from a different IP address is better than 20 backlinks from the same IP address. I.e. If you use BlueHost such as your unlimited hosting provider and you host multiple domains on it, then your domain is derived from the same IP Address.
- Backlinks from sites that are not relevant to the topic will not take effect for your blog or site. It would be better if the backlink is coming from relevant sites or between sites that give the same topic. I.e, a backlink from a blog about online business is better for your blog that has a topic about online business rather than backlinks from a site about fashion or else.
- One way backlink is better than a reciprocal link. Backlinks from link exchanges are less valuable to Google currently.
I suggest you build 5 or perhaps 10 backlinks to your blog each week and you can take the effect for your blog ranking in search engines like Google, Bing or Yahoo.
If you are building backlinks to your site, please give your comments on this article and give backlinks to your site or blog. My blog is comment luv and follow too. As long as your comments relevant to my post on my blog, I will always approve it and give you backlink to your site or blog. If I smell SPAM comments or links promotion in comments, I will edit or even delete it.